Wednesday, July 28, 2004
Creative, entrepreneurial-spirited manager with diversified work experience in conceptualizing and executing client initiatives on a global basis. Skilled in spearheading software marketing and customer programs to stimulate enterprise and telecom client preferences and decisions, as well as conducting needs assessment and driving curriculum development to address customer, employee and partner training needs.
* Strategic Software Marketing Programs
* Training Program and Curriculum Development
* Marketing Communications
* Internal and External Communications
* Software Offer and Product Marketing
* Budget and Project Management
* Event and Program Management
* Competitive Intelligence and Market Research
MRW ASSOCIATES 2003 - 2004
Generated market intelligence. Enhanced strategic plan to address new client needs and market trends.
* Provided marketing direction for key customer development, identifying new business initiatives.
* Managed bid proposal process and executed marketing programs for a civil engineering and construction firm, coordinating input from construction contractors and vendors.
CSG SYSTEMS 2002 - 2002
Manager, Sales Training and Communications
Formalized global training and communications plans. Partnered with industry experts in program delivery.
* Evaluated, designed and implemented learning systems, training processes and content-rich materials (e.g., activity-based curriculum) for sales managers, impacting the learning culture and revenue growth.
* Managed communications plan for business unit, delivering a powerful focus on billing and customer care software, strategic customers, partner initiatives, corporate messaging and management visions.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES 1997 - 2002
Manager, Marketing, Training and Communications
Created and directed marketing plans, special customer events, training programs and tools, executive meetings, marketing communications materials and communications vehicles. Secured and managed budget and resources with senior management for implementation of measurable plans and targeted outputs.
* Executed demand generation programs and marketing communications campaigns, maximizing revenue optimization and product penetration (e.g., location-based business intelligence solutions).
* Launched new products into the marketplace (e.g., VPN Firewall Brick), delivering voice, IP/data and 3G mobile sales training, on-line documentation, marketing programs and advertising campaigns.
* Designed and structured global learning and development programs (e.g., webinars, classroom training, sales aids) for 12 to 400 students, steering needs assessment, curriculum development and adult learning.
* Showcased the business value of business-critical applications (e.g., government), targeting prospects, partners and analysts in trade and business publications, industry events and company newsletters.
* Managed global client and partner conferences, increasing attendance 20 to 40 percent annually.
* Uncovered insights into client base, translating analysis into measurable objectives, executing strategic and tactical actions, and teaming with sales, clients and partners to impact client business decisions.
AT&T 1986 - 1996
Manager, Marketing, Market Research and Strategy 1992 - 1996
Established and implemented marketing programs, technical trials and market research with global clients and partners, as well as expedited regulatory and strategic plans with senior management. Focused on projects with customers, profiling and retaining most valuable clients and generating new software revenues.
* Awarded the Marketing and Sales - East Award for Outstanding Achievement, contributing to trade regulations restructuring, as well as expanding AT&T's international target markets and revenue streams.
* Created market plan for Teleway Japan's business services, impacting a $20 million integrated solution.
* Conducted primary market research, marketing programs and technical trials with global clients, translating end user requirements (e.g., medical) into new product releases.
* Constructed wireless, wireline and data collateral, product data sheets, executive presentations, white papers and competitive analysis, collaborating with product management, sales, partners and clients.
* Projected and tracked sales commitments and product roadmaps for markets in Europe, Middle East and Africa, identifying gaps and developing recommendations to secure software and hardware sales.
Senior Market Planner - Marketing, Client Trials and Strategy 1990 - 1992
Engaged global clients in marketing and industry-based initiatives to impact the positioning and selling of software and services. Maximized the focus of marketing projects by uncovering untapped client needs.
* Selected for a special work assignment with SIP, an Italian service provider, creating and implementing a multi-phase marketing program for SIP's business service offerings (e.g., calling card service).
* Delivered consulting services and joint marketing campaigns with customers and industry partners (e.g., hospitals, banks), addressing market and business requirements.
* Created and executed strategic plans, inaugurating market direction in new regions (e.g., Latin America).
* Steered market trials and primary market research, identifying marketing, positioning and human factors problems associated with services, as well as testing key technologies to impact product development.
* Designed and developed engaging and innovative classroom and distant learning training, stimulating team building, developing performance measures and ensuring quality assurance.
Market Planner - Market Research and Program Management 1986 - 1990
Conducted marketing and product initiatives with global clients to identify and prioritize new feature requirements. Worked with clients, product development and sales to prioritize work efforts.
* Generated product business cases, identifying technical capabilities and securing product development.
* Conducted product, market and competitive analysis, streamlining bid proposal process.
* Managed market trials and primary market research to uncover untapped customer needs, steering projects from conceptual stage through planning, implementation, measurement and analysis.
MBA, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
BBA, Marketing/Mathematics, Iona College, New Rochelle, NY
* Current Trends in Enterprise Networks
* New England Marketing Roundtable Summit
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Conference & Exposition
* The Pharmaceutical Business: From Drug Discovery Through Product Launch
* Dale Carnegie Course
* The Business of Marketing Technology Overview
* Workshop on Wireless Technology
* Selling Techniques and Negotiation Skills Course
* ProjectWorld Exposition
* No-Dig (Trenchless Technology) Conference
* NETSEA Volunteer
* Software Marketing ProfGuild Member
* MassWIT Member
Home Phone: +1-617-822-5180
Mobile Phone: +1-732-299-4730
Residence: Boston, MA